This is the ultimate meal for heart-health: the salmon contains omega 3 fatty acids, which maintain healthy blood vessels and reduce blood pressure, the turmeric in mustard has anti-inflammatory properties and the garlic has allicin, which looks promising for the improvement of heart health and reducing the risk of cancers. On top of all the love this meal gives to your heart, the salmon and mustard are also smart choices for promoting brain health. With 6 ingredients and a 25 minute prep time, this fresh and flavorful dinner dish is an all around winner!
Yield: 4 servings
2 lemons, thinly sliced, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges for garnish
25 sprig(s) mixed fresh herbs, plus 2 tablespoons chopped, divided
1 clove(s) garlic
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
1 pound(s) center-cut salmon, skinned
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Lay two 9-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil on top of each other on a rimless baking sheet.
3. Arrange lemon slices in two layers in the center of the foil. 4. Spread herb sprigs over the lemons.
5. With the side of a chef’s knife, mash garlic with salt to form a paste.
6. Transfer to a small dish and stir in mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons chopped herbs.
7. Spread the mixture over both sides of the salmon.
8. Place the salmon on the herb sprigs and lemon slices.
9. Slide the foil and salmon off the baking sheet onto the grill without disturbing the salmon-lemon stack.
10. Cover the grill; cook until the salmon is opaque in the center, 18 to 24 minutes.
11. Wearing oven mitts, carefully transfer foil and salmon back onto the baking sheet.
12. Cut the salmon into 4 portions and serve with lemon wedges (discard herb sprigs and lemon slices).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 170 calories, 7 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 3 g total carbohydrate, 0 g dietary fiber, 1 g sugars, 23 g protein
Go! Foods for You is not just another diet! It's about learning how to cook and eat for a longer and healthier life. Our guided, online program provides an eating assessment, weekly lessons and demos, customizable activities and daily encouragement. Learn more about Go! Foods for You.
*Note: the photo displayed is representational only and does not show this exact recipe.