1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, toast pistachios for 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
4. In a shallow baking dish, arrange pears, cut sides down. Pour grape juice over pears. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until pears are tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife. Reserve liquid in baking dish.
5. While the pears are cooking, puree raspberries in a food processor; strain and discard seeds.
6. Transfer roasted pears to serving plates, cut sides up; sprinkle chocolate chips over the pears. The heat of the pears will melt the chips.
7. In a small saucepan over high heat, combine pureed raspberries and liquid from baking dish. Cook approximately 6 to 8 minutes or until sauce has reduced to 3/4 cup.
8. Spoon sauce over and around pears; sprinkle with pistachios and garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1/2 pear): 200 calories, 5 g total fat, 3 g protein, 39 g total carbohydrates, 8 g dietary fiber, 22g sugar, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium
GO! Foods for You is not just another diet! It's about learning how to cook and eat for a longer and healthier life. Our guided, online program provides an eating assessment, weekly lessons and demos, customizable activities and daily encouragement. Learn more about GO! Foods for You.
*Note: The photo displayed is representational only and does not show this exact recipe.