Here’s the perfect treat for when you’re craving chocolate! Made with heart-healthy and mood-boosting dark chocolate and potassium and vitamin B6–rich bananas, these frozen bites will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you feeling good.
Yield: 8 servings
3 ounces dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or greater
½ teaspoon instant espresso
1. Slice banana into 16 quarter-inch slices.
2. Skewer each slice with two prong skewers and place on wax paper; freeze for one hour.
3. Create double boiler by placing metal bowl over saucepan with one inch of simmering water; add chocolate, espresso coffee and stir continually until 3/4 melted.
4. Remove bowl from heat and continue stirring until completely melted.
5. Take banana slices from freezer and dip in chocolate until completely coated, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
6. Place on wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: (2 slices): Calories 80, Cholesterol 0 mg, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Sodium 0 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 1 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 5 g
GO! Foods for You
is not just another diet! It's about learning how to cook and eat for a longer and healthier life. Our guided, online program provides an eating assessment, weekly lessons and demos, customizable activities and daily encouragement. Learn more about GO! Foods for You.
*Note: The photo displayed is representational only and does not show this exact recipe.