Serve this savory dish with 100% whole wheat pita at your next party and watch how fast it disappears. The creamy consistency and appealing flavors make this the hit of any gathering.
1. Place eggplant on baking sheet, prick and bake in a preheated oven at 450°F for 25 minutes or until skin is browned and inside is soft.
2. Cool, cut in half lengthwise, drain off excess liquid and loose seeds
3. Scoop out the pulp and place in food processor.
4. Add remainder of ingredients and blend until smooth and well mixed.
5. Garnish with additional chopped parsley and serve with 100% whole Grain pita or flat bread.
Nutrition Info Per Serving: (½ cup): Calories 100, Cholesterol 0 mg, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 3 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 2 g
GO! Foods for You is not just another diet! It's about learning how to cook and eat for a longer and healthier life. Our guided, online program provides an eating assessment, weekly lessons and demos, customizable activities and daily encouragement. Learn more about GO! Foods for You.
*Note: The photo displayed is representational only and does not show this exact recipe.