If you like dark chocolate, then you’re going to love these truffles, flavored with Earl Grey tea. These deliciously rich confections are a truly satisfying treat. And they’re perfect for sharing with friends!
Created by Chef Michelle Bartoul-Mangan of Cleveland Clinic Wellness
1. In small saucepan, bring soy milk to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into a cup over Earl Grey tea bags, allowing the mixture to steep for 20 minutes. Squeeze the tea bags into the cup before adding to the chocolate in the next step.
2. Place chocolate, orange zest and infused soy milk in a double boiler, heating on a low flame. Stir until the chocolate is two-thirds melted. Remove the bowl from the pot and place on the counter to whisk the soy milk and chocolate until smooth.
3. After you have whisked together the chocolate and soy milk, place your bowl in the refrigerator to cool; once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and put back in the refrigerator to set for an hour.
4. To form the truffles, scoop out the mixture with a measuring teaspoon, leveled off. Then form into a ball, and place each formed truffle on a plate. Spread the cocoa powder onto another plate and roll each truffle in the powder.
5. Place finished truffles on a clean plate, cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Enjoy this dark chocolate treat!
Note: Using tea as a flavoring agent instead of liquor is a calorie-free addition. Try experimenting with different brands of dark chocolate. Each chocolatier uses their own unique process for creating flavor. Just be sure to use at least 70% dark chocolate.
Nutrition Info Per Serving: (1 truffle) 30 calories, 2 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 1 g protein, 2 g total carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium
GO! Foods for You
is not just another diet! It's about learning how to cook and eat for a longer and healthier life. Our guided, online program provides an eating assessment, weekly lessons and demos, customizable activities and daily encouragement. Learn more about GO! Foods for You
Shop in our Healthy Eating section
of the wellness store.
*Note: The photo displayed is representational only and does not show this exact recipe.