Effectiveness of an Online Sleep Program
Thank you for your interest in this research.
This research examines the effectiveness of a 6-week online sleep program (G0! To Sleep) developed by the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute and Sleep Disorders Center.
GO! To Sleep provides a set of educational materials and psychological techniques to help decrease insomnia symptoms and improve your sleep.
The program includes:
• Daily articles and activities to help you relax and improve your sleep
• Daily sleep improvement recommendations
• Daily e-mails from your program coach
• Personal progress charts
• An online sleep log and daily sleep score
What is involved in the study?
If you join this study, you will agree and be willing to be assigned by chance to one of two groups:
1) GO! To Sleep
2) Wait list control group where you will wait for 6-8 weeks before participating in the online program
As a participant, you will be asked to complete 3 questionnaires and brief weekly surveys, maintain a short daily sleep log, and submit a program evaluation at the end of the study. The 3rd and final questionnaire is distributed 2 months after completing the 6 week program.
Who can participate?
In order to be eligible to participate, you must:
• Be 18 years or older.
• Be suffering from sleep difficulties for more than 3 months.
• Have daily access to the internet and an e-mail account.
• Be willing to complete 6 weeks of short daily sleep logs.
• Be willing to be assigned to the wait-list control group, in which you will wait 6-8 weeks before accessing the program.
• Not be currently pregnant or planning to be pregnant within the next 6 months
• Be a current resident of the United States
Is there a cost to participating?
No, the sleep program is provided free to all participants. If you are randomly assigned to the intervention group, you may begin the free program immediately. If you are randomly assigned to the control group, you must wait 6-8 weeks before accessing the free program.
What do you do if you want to participate in the research?
To learn more about the study and participation requirements and to enroll please visit the following website:
If the above link does not work please copy and paste the link into your internet browser address bar.
Please read this information carefully. This information will help you decide whether you wish to participate in the clinical trial.
If you are not interested in participating in this study, we would appreciate if you would answer this short one-question survey:
If you have specific questions, please e-mail our Research support team at: GoToSleepResearch@ccf.org